FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONSUpdated Monday January 6, 2020 by Hamilton Minor Ball Hockey League.
- Games are mostly played on Sundays throughout most of the day
- The Learn to Play program plays Sunday Mornings around 9:00am and the other divisions follow in order of age.
- Games are played at local Hamilton Arenas please see our Arenas page for Maps
- The kids will mostly only play one game per week
- In total our minor program offers 10 games including playoffs
- Our main program does not have practices, however children selected for the Hamilton Tigers will have practices as scheduled by their coaches.
- The HMBHL is a co-ed league where boys and girls play together.
- The season starts in April and continues until late June. In July our Hamilton Tigers will compete in the OBHF Provincial Tournament against other cities across the province. The tournament usually takes place in early to mid July.
- Please visit our equipment page for more detailed information.
- Please visit our Rules Page for more information
- Our age groups are as follows (year of birth):
Learn to Play: 2014-2015-2016
Under 8 (Tyke): 2012-2013
Under 10 (Novice): 2010-2011
Under 12 (Atom): 2008-2009
Under 14 (Peewee): 2006-2007
Under 16 (Bantam): 2004-2005
Under 18 (Junior): 2002-2003
- The cost for our programs are as follows: $189***
- Learn to Play is $139
*** The rates are reduced by $10 for Early Bird (Before February 10, 2020)
*** There is a family discount of $10 off per child
- Registrations can be made online here by clicking to register
- Also in person registrations can be made at various locations in Hamilton please visit here for updated information on In Person Registration dates.
- All registered players will receive a player package consisting of team Jersey, shorts and socks. Players will have league games officiated by CBHA certified referees, an OBHF membership with insurance coverage. All stats officially recorded on our website and a chance to play Provincially for our Hamilton Tigers program and even Nationally through CBHA sanctioned events.
- In order to be a Coach in the HMBHL please contact us @ 1-866-484-HMBH (4624) or email@example.com
*Please note emails will be responded to daily and calls will be returned Saturdays between 10-12*
*** All Coaches must have a proper Police check completed with documention
- Our League is mainly considered house league program, however any kids that want to play more competitively can tryout for our Hamilton Tigers Program please visit our Hamilton Tigers page for more info
- The Ontario Ball Hockey Federation Provincial Championships are Tournaments held in July. All participating leagues from Ontario send teams in hope of winning a Provincial title. The location of the tournaments vary by year and are held in early/mid July.
- The opportunity is open to all our members. The Coaching staff selected by the HMBHL will scout players during the course of the season. If there are too many kids in an age group interested in playing then we will select the players that will best represent our program.
- Yes there is a cost to play for the Hamilton Tigers, please visit our Hamilton Tigers Page for more information.